Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007-P NICKLE WITH ERRORS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007-P NICKLE WITH ERRORS

I found this coin two months ago.I decided to over look it one more time since Im more aware of possible errors. And Im amazed at what Im seeing now and find it very interesting.I`d like you to look at my photos and tell me whats going on? Thanks!!!
    Attached Files
    Still the best "Nickel Trail Die Hunter". 2013 ((MIKEE)) T.Davis

I only see some irregularities below Monticello. I would assume these are clash marks.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

As Mike said, it appears to be a die clash. I can also see the clash left by Jefferson's queue and back of his neck above the right side of Monticello.

Nice find. We do have a few very strong Jefferson nickel die clashes on MADdieclashes.com. You may want to compare your find with those to see what clash marks came from where.

BJ Neff
      Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Originally posted by wavysteps View Post
        As Mike said, it appears to be a die clash. I can also see the clash left by Jefferson's queue and back of his neck above the right side of Monticello.

Nice find. We do have a few very strong Jefferson nickel die clashes on MADdieclashes.com. You may want to compare your find with those to see what clash marks came from where.

BJ Neff
        Thank you guys.. I thought they was die clashes but I need to point out every thing I find just to be on the safe side everything is covered.

Comment

BJ Neff
          I just visited your other site mad,dieclashes.Nice site there. My question is just because there are die clashes, do it always have to be caused by the obverse? On my coin, Im finding die clashes from the reverse.I need to point out what Im looking at and see if we can agree apond something!!!

Comment

When the dies clash, the opposing die leaves the clash marks on the other die's surface. However, if there is multiple die clashes, you can have what is called a counter clash. Basically, when a counter clash happens, the clash marks left by the first clash can be transfer back to the original die that made the first clash marks as raised replicas of the design element clashed in the beginning. This can only happen if the hammer die is offset from the first position. For more information take a look at MADdieclashes.com in the section titled "counter clash Type I". Do not get this confuse with a counter clash Type II, which is a different anomaly altogether.

BJ Neff
            Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

When the dies clash, the opposing die leaves the clash marks on the other die's surface. However, if there is multiple die clashes, you can have what is called a counter clash. Basically, when a counter clash happens, the clash marks left by the first clash can be transfer back to the original die that made the first clash marks as raised replicas of the design element clashed in the beginning. This can only happen if the hammer die is offset from the first position. For more information take a look at MADdieclashes.com in the section titled "counter clash Type I". Do not get this confuse with a counter clash Type II, which is a different anomaly altogether.

BJ Neff
              Well my coins shows actually what your site is talking about,Im not sure why nobody havent asked to see it ?? Pic 1 shows part of the design from the reverse and pic 2 shows letters on the building that had to come from multiple strikes and not just a normal die clash.I may show have to point out more to convince you guys of my point . If I have to I will..
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by coin-crazy View Post
                Well my coins shows actually what your site is talking about,Im not sure why nobody havent asked to see it ?? Pic 1 shows part of the design from the reverse and pic 2 shows letters on the building that had to come from multiple strikes and not just a normal die clash.I may show have to point out more to convince you guys of my point . If I have to I will..
                MiKe said All He can see is a die clash below the building but I can see where it extents farther.. Im loooking forward to your comments.. Thank you!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X