Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gator -New Member Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gator -New Member Thread

Hello folks, have been into coins almost all my life, found a 1955 DD Penney in my Dad's paycheck envelope in 1955, remember David Bowers offering $40 each for them.

I am a new member here, though a LM of FUN and the Palm Beach Coin Club.

Thank you all in advance for your patience with me.

Not really sure how to navigate "our" site, so decided to create a new thread?

Now, a couple of questions, one on which I have exchanged emails with Bill F. on.

1st have an original roll of 1946-S dimes, Wexler RPM-5 (southwest) visible to the naked eye), took the 1st 5 off the top of the roll, many years ago, they can back from PCGS as MS65, but no attribution; way before the latest CherryPicker's code. Just wondering why it did make the book as it is such an obvious S/S?

2nd the new 2014 Arches Quarter with doubling. Looks like machine doubling to me, but with the extreme as shown in this picture, should be worth more than a normal die shift? Photo posted in my reply as I have figured how to do it...

I would like your like to hear your comments? Thanks in advance!!!

As not to clutter this board I will gladly remove this post when told how to post here. Best...Gator
    Last edited by Gator; 09-21-2014, 12:04 PM. Reason: added more detail

Hope this picture of the quarter gets posted?

Here's a photo, would appreciate any feed back? Thanks on advance!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gator; 09-21-2014, 12:01 PM. Reason: more detail added....

Comment

Working...
    X