Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1945 broad struck triple struck ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1945 broad struck triple struck ?

Hi to all my fellow collectors. please help me figure this coin out. Im not sure if this is authentic or really what went on here. To me it looks broad struck out of the collar and the dies were chattering ? Thank you all for your help. This coin has been in my collection for 50 years.
    Attached Files

Well again, I'm not an expert but man that looks like a real mint error to me. What kind and how it happened, I have no idea. There's some great looking doubling going on there! That's for sure!!

Comment

Thank you for your reply. It is a wild looking coin for sure. Have a great day. I appreciate your input.

Comment

Interesting for sure! Maybe someone will chime in with an answer.
        CONECA member

Comment

The deformation of the coin and odd localized incuse doubling look like some sort of garage creation where it was pressed. I do not see how this could be a Mint error.
          Jason Cuvelier

CONECA
          Lead attributer

Comment

jcuve thank you for your reply it is great to know it is a garage job. Thank everyone that took the time to look at this coin. it is a crazy looking one. I appreciate all of the input from everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X