Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1960D Lincoln Cent- Loop under die chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960D Lincoln Cent- Loop under die chip?

Please check these pictures out
    I found this cent going thru penny rolls this evening.
    What is the loop that appears to be under the die chip that is going thru the number 6?

It almost looks like its an upside down nine????

* There is also a die chip in the bottom of the R in Liberty (as a side note)
    Attached Files

I would think that it's just part of the die chip.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

I have seen this particular die with that same chip. It is what Mike has described it as.

BJ Neff
      Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond View Post
        I would think that it's just part of the die chip.

Thanks again Mike & BJ.!

Comment

Working...
        X