Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O/C 1989 Lincoln Cent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/C 1989 Lincoln Cent

Roll find? How could someone spend something like that, and not notice it?

Comment

Yep, another roll find. There are these little coin counting machines that you can buy at Wal-Mart and this one was in a roll of coins that came from someone using one of those devices.

It apparently made it through the machine and the wrappers are a little wider than normal so it fit, It wasn't laying totally flat in the roll but that's how I found it.

I've found several off center struck and clipped planchet coins in rolls. I've even found them in rolls that came from counting companies like Brinks.

The mechanical processes used to roll bulk coins will allow for off center struck coins to get into rolls if they arent too out of shape.

Some people just stick errors into rolls because they are not collectors and don't understand the fact that the coin is an error.

Comment

Working...
      X