Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1992-D 1C WDDO-001? I think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992-D 1C WDDO-001? I think.

Have a 92 D Lincoln Memorial Cent here. It has the look of a wddo 001 in the 1992 d catagory i believe. Im tired now. Its been a rough week here. Im out of practice with my photos, but i do hope these suffice.
    Attached Files

I took the liberty of posting more pic, sorry if too many. I just thought i should do this coin justice. Maybe it is what i think. Maybe not. I am still just a grass hopper in a field of owls.
    Attached Files

Comment

you think it is the top one?

https://www.doubleddie.com/467734.html
      coinfacts.com - conecaonline.info - board.conecaonline.org/forum/numismatic-site-links - briansvarietycoins.com - coppercoins.com - cuds-on-coins.com - doubleddie.com - error-ref.com - franklinlover.yolasite.com - ikegroup.info -lincolncentresource.com - maddieclashes.com - money.org - ngccoin.com/price-guide/world - ngccoin.com/census - ngccoin.com/resources/counterfeit-detection - nnp.wustl.edu - pcgs.com/pop - varietyvista.com

Comment

Yes indeed

Comment

Originally posted by occnumis2021 View Post
          you think it is the top one?

https://www.doubleddie.com/467734.html
          Thanks for the link. It always speeds things up when attributing.

I can't tell from these images. The 2 doesn't look right at the upper curve. And the right side of the "Y" (RTY) looks to be slightly larger on DD.com images than this coin.
          Last edited by Petespockets55; 05-29-2023, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Petespockets55 View Post
            Thanks for the link. It always speeds things up when attributing.

I can't tell from these images. The 2 doesn't look right at the upper curve. And the right side of the "Y" (RTY) looks to be slightly larger on DD.com images than this coin.
            for my part, i am not certain. the "thickness" seems kinda obvious on dd.com but i figure there is a reason it isn't listed on v v. perhaps seeing one in-hand it more obvious? die markers (if any/many exist would really help on dd.com)

most of us could/should include links as a lot of the time we visit the sites anyway but i like for newer/less experienced members to do some leg work . hehe

i've visited attirubtion sites in their various forms many thousands of times over the years as i'm sure the experienced numismatists here also have.
            Last edited by occnumis2021; 05-29-2023, 11:26 AM.
            coinfacts.com - conecaonline.info - board.conecaonline.org/forum/numismatic-site-links - briansvarietycoins.com - coppercoins.com - cuds-on-coins.com - doubleddie.com - error-ref.com - franklinlover.yolasite.com - ikegroup.info -lincolncentresource.com - maddieclashes.com - money.org - ngccoin.com/price-guide/world - ngccoin.com/census - ngccoin.com/resources/counterfeit-detection - nnp.wustl.edu - pcgs.com/pop - varietyvista.com

Comment

Ok, right now i have no computer or office or girl friday. Im new to the hobby. I am now in moms garage shooting this coin 100 more times in various lighting and distances with a phone from walmart. If i had a laptop with a good proccessor i would be 100 percent more efficient. I have 8 more photos to present . These will be the last ones. I tried to capture those aspects of the coin which were questioned in the comments. I ve been at it for 2 hours. The coin does not look MAD. The rims look aligned correctly, as so often happens a coin with misaligned die looks doubled, but is usually only the result of the bad alignment. So. Well. Here they are my final 8 pics. I will offer this coin as error, you know where, as i can pick it apart from others, on a table with my naked eye, and mu eyes are bad. Thankyou for all the feedback and the polite responses. 279773.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 279773; 05-29-2023, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I am sad to say that the penny was accidently spent today.

Comment

[QUOTE=occnumis2021;n87774]

for my part, i am not certain... most of us could/should include links as a lot of the time we visit the sites anyway .../QUOTE]
                  I'm feeling the same way about this being the variety.

I try to include links to the attribution sites and sometimes add the links when they aren't included. It helps everyone follow along and the more eyes the better.

Originally posted by 279773 View Post
                  ... I will offer this coin as error, ... as i can pick it apart from others, on a table with my naked eye, and mu eyes are bad. Thankyou for all the feedback and the polite responses. 279773.
                  Having the coin in hand makes all the difference sometimes. I admire all the time you put into trying to get better images. I think most of us have issues with really clear images. That being said, I still can't make a determination on whether it is the DDO variety or not.

Keep searching. They will show up it you keep at it.

ps. FWIW- Most people refer to these as varieties, not errors.

Comment

My 92 d suspect is back, ! I was cleaning up odds and ends around my work area and Presto, its back, im immediatly going to put in flip , and relegate it to my pouch of offered coins. Which are offered somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X