Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this DDR ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• godaichan
    replied
    Thank you. I have no problem.

Leave a comment:

• mustbebob
    replied
    I did delete the photos/comment from the other user. I apologize for not catching that sooner.

Leave a comment:

• MintErrors
    replied
    Originally posted by DBOYYUMA
    Would some kindly answer this please
    DBOYYUMA

It is best that you create your own post and place your photos there. The CONECA staff like to keep things orderly and future references are easier to find if they have one coin per thread. Do not be surprised if a CONECA staff or admin comes in and removes the photos and requests you repost.

Leave a comment:

• godaichan
    replied
    This Dime is not mine. Someone else just put these photos on my post. I have nothing to do with these pictures. I have no idea why this person uses my post
    to question about the dime. The name appears on the list is DBOYYUMA. And I do not know the person.

Leave a comment:

• mustbebob
    replied
    Would some kindly answer this please
    You have already received multiple replies to your original request. What else do you want/need?

Important that different coins should be in their own post. It makes it easier to track. The original post was for a quarter, and now you have included dime photos. This is a great example of why different coins should have their own post.

Leave a comment:

• godaichan
    replied
    Thank you for the information. I have three rolls from Philadelphia. I keep searching.

Leave a comment:

• Shane Daniel
    replied
    Originally posted by godaichan View Post
    I totally understand. I appreciate everyone for giving opinions.
    I was so exited. Because this is my first time asking about coins to someone else. Nice to meet you guys !
    I always check coins on Variety Vista and Wexler. I knew there isn't any doubled dies on this series yet. So I kind of hoped that I found a first one.
    There are already a few known doubled dies for this series. They're all minor class 8/9 and located below Washington's cuff.

Edit: I should mention that this is for Philadelphia issues.

Leave a comment:

• godaichan
    replied
    I totally understand. I appreciate everyone for giving opinions.
    I was so exited. Because this is my first time asking about coins to someone else. Nice to meet you guys !
    I always check coins on Variety Vista and Wexler. I knew there isn't any doubled dies on this series yet. So I kind of hoped that I found a first one.

Leave a comment:

• MintErrors
    replied
    Originally posted by godaichan View Post
    Is there anyone else ? What about Mr Kozera . What do you think ?
    I agree with the group. I don't see any additional thickness, I do not see any split serifs or anything else that makes me want to call this a doubled die.

What I do see is some inconsistencies on each of the letters. The coin looks circulated, hard to tell for sure since we don't have a full obverse and reverse of the coin. The photos provided just do not show that this is a doubled die.

The attributers in the CONECA society were chosen for their positions because the are some of the best at it in the field currently. I highly suggest trusting these individuals because they have decades of experience with coins in general.

If you must, send the coin in to a third party grading service and have the coin attributed and then slabbed. You could send it in to an attributer vice a third party grading company and they would offer their professional opinion.

Have you researched this coin on

http://varietyvista.com
    or
    https://doubleddie.com ?

Has there been any other doubled dies found for this series?

Many of the people here offer their opinion on coins and they are pretty accurate. We all are human and we do make mistakes, but those are usually singular in nature. To have a good consensus leaning toward the same opinion on the same coin seems like a pretty solid attribution to me.

Leave a comment:

• godaichan
    replied
    I still think this coin is doubled die. I have some more photos. Please check them out.

Leave a comment:

• mustbebob
    replied
    I also agree with the consensus that this is machine and die deterioration damage.

Leave a comment:

• godaichan
    replied
    Is there anyone else ? What about Mr Kozera . What do you think ?

Leave a comment:

• CoinHunter
    replied
    I agree with HeartWith02-just DDD/MD

Leave a comment:

• HeartWith02
    replied
    No, I don't think so. Looks more like die deterioration or machine doubling.

Leave a comment:

• godaichan
    replied
    I have 2021 D Washington Crossing the Delaware Quarter. Is this DDR ?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 8 photos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X