Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1982 Penny-Small date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 Penny-Small date?

Is this small date. It weighs. 3.1
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

It is not a small date. It is a large date. With a weight of 3.1g, it means it is the copper example, and not the copper plated zinc whish is 2.5g.
    Bob Piazza
    Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

I have 2 different 1982 . 3.1g. One has wide am and one has close am. Does that mean they are different?

Comment

I have a 1982 2.5 g. With wide am and close am. Does that mean one large one small

Comment

The weight has nothing to do with large or small date. Close or wide AM has nothing to do with Large or small date. The reverse of all 1982 cents is the same with the difference being how early it was struck determining how close the A and M appear to each other.

There are thousands of links out there that show the difference between large and small date for the 1982 cent. Here is just one of them here:

https://coinweek.com/education/coin-...%9C2.%E2%80%9D
          Bob Piazza
          Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Awesome information. Thanks for your patience and the link. Hae a excellent day.

Comment

Bob, I'm trying to see a difference in small and large. Like I look at the circles in the 8 and the curve in the 2. I think I'm seeing things. Lol To me this looks small date. But i know it cant be.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

1982 SD-LDb.jpg

Please look at my tutorial above
                Jason Cuvelier

CONECA
                Lead attributer

Comment

• mustbebob
                  mustbebob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This one (your last photo) is definitely a small date Chevygirl64.

Yes sir. I have 2 small date. 2.5g. Not sure what I need to look for now. Lol. I'm submitting high grade 1964 D pennies to Great Collections. As well as other 1960's pennies I believe to be great quality. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevygrl64 View Post
                  Yes sir. I have 2 small date. 2.5g. Not sure what I need to look for now. Lol. I'm submitting high grade 1964 D pennies to Great Collections. As well as other 1960's pennies I believe to be great quality. We shall see.
                  Great Collections?
                  Jason Cuvelier

CONECA
                  Lead attributer

Comment

Working...
                  X