Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-D Nickel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-D Nickel

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, and I am still trying to figure things out here.
    I was doing a nickel hunt box where I found this coin. I hope you can see on the top right side of the Monticello. Going through the rolls, I started to see this error keeps popping up, so I decided to keep them. By the end of the box, I ended up with 12 rolls with the same problem. All from the early die stage to the last stage. Any thoughts?
    Thank you all in advance
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

That's a die chip. Are all 12 rolls with this anomaly the same die?
    Bob Piazza
    Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Originally posted by mustbebob View Post
      That's a die chip. Are all 12 rolls with this anomaly the same die?
      10 or 11 rolls are, and rest are earlier stages

Comment

and rest are earlier stages
        Even earlier stages are the same die...just a difference of where in the striking cycle they came from. As I mentioned before, it is simply a die chip. There is no premium for this little anomaly, but it took some great vision to see it.
        Bob Piazza
        Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Originally posted by mustbebob View Post

Even earlier stages are the same die...just a difference of where in the striking cycle they came from. As I mentioned before, it is simply a die chip. There is no premium for this little anomaly, but it took some great vision to see it.
          Thank you, I really appreciate it

Comment

There is a similar chip on the left side of the Monticello on many of the 2020-P Jefferson Nickels.

Comment

Working...
            X