Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the group

Hi my name is Steve Bernatowicz from New Jersey. I wish I had known about using a jewelers loupe in 1972 when I was 12 years old first coming into the hobby. I bought a small bag of PDS 1972 Lincoln Cents. I thought maybe I would score a DDO from that bag 34 years later but instead I found my first ever Doubled Die Lincoln Cent...a 2006 Doubled Die Obverse Lincoln Cent. ANACS confirmed them for me. I found many 2005 Quarter and Nickel Varieties. I never had success with finding a 2004 Handshake Peace Nickel but did find a Doubled Die Reverse Lewis and Clark Silver Peace Medal Commemorative Dollar listed here!
    http://varietyvista.com/2004PDDR001%20$1%20LC.htm
    From then on I was hooked! The Wexler and The Crawford files and Variety Vista helped me then. I have found The CONECA Master List and it is such an excellent resource when date searching denominations. Thumbnails are at a nice size. Most have some PUP's on the first picture without clicking which I love, others have die markers. I am excited to see the Washington State Quarters, DC and US Territories, America The Beautiful, and The American Women Quarter Program Varieties there in the future. I hope everyone will find a listing here that can verify what variety they actually have using this tool and if not, have it attributed as a new variety! This has been edited to make a couple corrections. God Bless!
    Last edited by OneCent; 06-07-2023, 10:43 PM. Reason: I included what sparked my interest to hunt for varieties in 2004...

Welcome.
    The Variety Vista site is a great resource for collectors of varieties.

ps. Out of curiosity, what was the variety number of that very first 2006 DDO?

Comment

Hi Petespockets55. I forgot to mention Variety Vista is also very well organized and easy to navigate. The first DDO Cent is the WDDO-028. When I sent them in to ANACS the first time they put Doubled Die Obverse and second batch they labeled Minor DDO. Here is my first pic upload through holder.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by OneCent; 06-07-2023, 10:17 PM. Reason: I removed a double of the one pic I uploaded and corrected my post from last night as it was so late and I felt rushed to post something and forgot things to include.

Comment

Here are more pics of WDDO-028.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X