Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 P Roosevelt dime Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustbebob, I stumbled across the answer to what is going on with my dime. I was doing research on feeder fingers causing die damage and this example was in article. It was like wow, that's exactly like my 2015 dime.

Roosevelt Dimes:
    They are more often in a horizontal location direction on these dimes. Still need images of the other ones so we will know what to look for on them.

Comment

I guess it's possible. I would have never associated your coin with feeder finger damage that was abraded away. How do we know it was something else that was abraded? No matter what it was, is does not detract from the fact that something happened to your coin. None of us were there when this happened so everything, including the feeder finger theory is a guess. By all means, you should hold on to the coin. I just don't think you can conclusively say what it was, so we can go with the most plausible to you.
      Last edited by mustbebob; 06-22-2021, 05:24 PM. Reason: typos
      Bob Piazza
      Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Mustbebob, That coin is staying in my collection for sure. I do understand that there will always be a question mark on how it came about. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X