Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1984 D DDO with Doubled Ear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mustbebob
    replied
    I will see what I can do about the limit on photos. Please feel free to start another post until I can figure it out. As far as it being a die chip, I don't see any indication of that presently. I think we can get a much better idea with new photos of TRUST and the date.

Leave a comment:

• Be~Hunt~N~Rolls
    replied
    Mustbebob,
    will do sir but I will have to start another post..
    it will not let me upload more than 8 per post..

Also I did post on FB..
    One guys response was: " looks like a die chip"

Leave a comment:

• mustbebob
    replied
    I did change the tiltle for you to show that this is a 1984D coin.

I see hub doubling mustbebob.
    check out varietyvista listing.
    1984D-1D0-001
    Looks almost identical
    I am sorry, but I still do not see hub doubling, but those areas that have the doubling are not pictured here. If you can add photos of TRUST and the date, that would help a lot. Remember that in order for it to be a specific doubled die, all of the areas should be the same, not just a single area. It can not 'almost look identical'. Maybe more photos would help confirm it one way or another.

Leave a comment:

• sumdunce
    replied
    I would also check https://www.coppercoins.com/ to see if it matches any of their pick up points.

Leave a comment:

• Be~Hunt~N~Rolls
    replied
    I tried but maximum of 8 pics..

I guess start another post..
    also I won't use the scope.. I might be able to get better pic quality with a cell magnifier

Leave a comment:

• sumdunce
    replied
    Can you provide an image of the date? That seems to be the best pick up point when identifying the 1984D DDO-001.

Leave a comment:

• Be~Hunt~N~Rolls
    replied
    I see hub doubling mustbebob.
    check out varietyvista listing.
    1984D-1D0-001
    Looks almost identical
    Last edited by Be~Hunt~N~Rolls; 11-05-2021, 06:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Be~Hunt~N~Rolls
    replied
    Yep!
    uploading new pictures now..
    It's the ear lobe itself that splits and contours with the upper section of ear.
    the possible doubling of ear is directly infront & little above normal placement of lobe.
    Last edited by Be~Hunt~N~Rolls; 11-05-2021, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mustbebob
    replied
    Nice photos but I am not seeing a hub doubled die either. I am seeing some minor machine doubling though.

Leave a comment:

• Petespockets55
    replied
    Pretty decent images but I'm not seeing a doubled ear. Can you add an arrow to the area in question?

Leave a comment:

• Be~Hunt~N~Rolls
    replied
    Correction

1984D DDO with Doubled ear

Leave a comment:

• Be~Hunt~N~Rolls
    started a topic 1984 D DDO with Doubled Ear

1984 D DDO with Doubled Ear

Hey..
    Fou20211105_001400.jpgnd this in a roll and seems to only really effect Liberty, IN and TRU of Trust..
    Kinda late so I didn't scope for to long..
    let me know what you think
    Thanks much!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Be~Hunt~N~Rolls; 11-05-2021, 02:08 PM.
Working...
X