Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1955 s DDO Lincoln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 s DDO Lincoln

What you think I want your opinion. I see it in the 1&9 and also in the word trust. But I could be wishful thinking
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

First, its hard to look at the photos upside down or sideways. In the future, if you could turn your photos right side up, that would be helpful and appreciated. Second, I think I see what you believe is doubling but it is not hub doubling. Your coin is not a doubled die.
    Rock

Comment

Then if not doubling what is it.

Comment

Most likely die deterioration on the motto and abrasion on the date

Comment

Is this die deteriorated too the 1960 D nickel
          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Or how about this 1960 D nickle
            This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

Yes. Die deterioration. Also, small CUD's where small pieces of the die broke between LIBERTY and the rim.

Comment

Thank you both. I'm looking at coins with similarities and find this post very helpful. I will summarize my samples and make a separate post asking for your confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudeld View Post
                  Or how about this 1960 D nickle
                  I see the class 8 doubling on the 6 of the date. At first I was focused on all the other photos you posted that showed die deterioration and the small cuds.

Comment

I have addressed the 1960D in another post. I do not believe this to be a doubled die at all and have message the lead attributer about possibly removing it.

Some of you are looking much too hard for trivial things. Don't overdo it!
                    Bob Piazza
                    Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

No we are just surveying coins and spots things that don’t look normal to us so we post to ask advice or conformation if we were right. All of you supposed to be experienced coin experts and you tell us to go to places to reference what we got and when one person shows something that is different then you all think that the reference must be wrong and need changed. Well if that’s the case then we should throw all the reference material that we have collected and scrap them all and say there are no verities or error coins. Every coin is normal. You all experience people need to me more open minded on things. You even don’t Believe in your own sites that you guys reference from. You all need to quit trying to think you know everything this is about coins and start trying to be the teacher or know it all and go back to learning and experience the fun of searching coins again. That’s what it is truly about the thrill that you might have found something new

Comment

Did you ever hear of a variety being delisted? Apparently not.

Comment

I'm not sure why the rant. I thought it was a good conversation, with some good learning objectives. It is not unusual, after scrutiny, for a variety to be de-bunked by individual attributors. If we trust them with legitimate varieties, why not trust them when they say it's not a legitimate variety?

Comment

It’s not all the delisting. And also people refer to PCGS about the coin but there’s none like mine or even close. I was just saying instead of just plain shutting down possibly something new. If it hasn’t been discovered before now doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist.

Comment

There was nothing new regarding your coin. There is obvious die deterioration on the coin. The so-called class 8 hub doubling on the 6 of the date matched the CONECA listing but the experts on this forum argue the legitimacy of it, believing it to be more die deterioration and will contact those responsible for the Master Listing to make their point known. Personally, I have sent in a ton of coins for attribution to Coppercoins, Wexler and CONECA. Some came back as "New" varieties and some came back as non-varieties. I missed the mark, but learned from them for the next time. I don't know what your background or experience is with die varieties, but the people who were trying to help you are experts with decades of experience. I would not only listen to them, but I would thank them for taking the time to help. (just to be clear, I don't put myself in that group.)

Comment

Working...
                              X